Thursday, January 25, 2007

long weekend

This is what my room looks like after a school day. The shades have not been opened, my bed has not been made. There are pajamas on the floor and the closet is wide open with shoes strewn all over the carpet. My desk is covered in papers and binders and textbooks. My pilates mat is taking up my floor space and my gym shorts are lying in some corner. My clock has the little alarm signal flickering in the corner.

Not the case today. My bed is made, and the pillows are propped up against the wall. There's a book open, face-down on the cover. My curtains are open, and actual sunlight is streaming in the windows, making my orange-tinted walls glow. My i-pod is hooked up to my speakers, my laptop is open on my clear desk. Clothes are not on the floor, or even in my hamper; they are in the wash! My slippers are sitting at the foot of my bed. I have shopping bags next to my bookcase (and an empty wallet on my dresser.) A half-full glass of chocolate milk is on my desk. And my clock is completely devoid of any alarm icon whatsoever.

If my room is that much happier, can you imagine how thrilled I am?

No comments: