Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Snow Day!

Just when you feel like you can't take it anymore, life comes through for you.

My mom came into my room at 11:00 last night to tell me to turn my alarm off, because today would be a snow day. I remember saying "Really? Yay!" before swatting at my clock and collapsing back into bed. I woke up all by myself at around 6 this morning. My thought process went something like this:
"Why isn't my alarm going off, I'm going to be late for breakfast. Wait. Snow day. Seems like today is a snow day. Is it? Was that all a dream? ......... I think I'll take my chances."
I woke up again at 8:30. I stayed in bed for about twenty minutes, enjoying the fact that I wasn't in French. I came downstairs and actually saw my school's name run across the channel 13 "closed" bar, for the first time in what feels like decades. I spent a half an hour eating breakfast. I made coffee, and it didn't taste like soap. I watched Regis and Kelly. I took a blasting hot shower. For lunch, I had a grilled cheese sandwhich instead of peanut butter that was sitting in my locker for 4 hours. Now here I am, IMing, blogging, wasting glorious time.
The only downside of today is that I have to work from 5-9, but I can get over that.

I got 11 hours of sleep last night, I've eaten nothing but hot food all day, and all of my work is done and ready to go. Best of all, I have 40 wonderful hours of not having to set foot in my school. A whole day of not having to do anything. Even my laundry is all done. Only four days of school this week, and then one more week, and then February break. I can make it!

No comments: