Wednesday, September 5, 2007

September

Things are starting to settle in here. I've evern referred to my room as home a couple of times. Although in my head it's just "home," while Ro-cha-cha is "Home."

Classes and the workload are picking up a little bit, but nothing too scary. I'm joining clubs and organizations and the like in my free time. The paper, the school entertainment bard that brings in movies, bands, and comedians, and my hall council. I like busy.

But overall, complete independence is a bit overrated. It's definitly less exciting than it seems.

Take last night, for example. My biggest accomplishment was getting my TV hooked up to cable. I wrestled the cable out of its box, undid the twist-ties, and unrolled to cord. I spun the TV around backwards so I could get to the screwy cable thingy. I then spent ten minutes trying to twist on the cable the wrong way. After a few suppressed curse words, some extraneous tools, and sore fingers, I remembered, "Righty tighty, left loosey." Ahh. Well, that made it a lot easier. But I still had to screw the other end of the cable into the jack...in the wall...behind my roomate's fully loaded, solid wood, triple tier desk. Lovely.

Between the two of us, we got the stupid honking big piece of furniture moved out a couple of inches. With one arm angled over the first tier, and the other angled behind it, which had me practically sprawled, flat-out over the desk, it only took about 6 minutes to righty tighty the cable into place. And I flicked on the TV, and Gilmore Girls was on! So my roomate and I shrieked "Gilmore Girls!" and jumped onto my bed and spent the next half hour trying to figure out if it was Rory's high school or college graduation. It was college, the one where she turns down Logan's marraige proposal so he dumps her.

Welcome to the adult world.

No comments: