Wednesday, October 10, 2007

New Artist

Brendan James. Throw Elton John and Paul Simon together, and twist it to fit 2007. He plays real piano, the kind that you don't need to plug in, which is nice, and his voice could cut through butter, which is also nice. But, he can write.

Here are some lyrics.

"Its time like these in our search for peace
That it's fear we're most afraid of
But the blood we bleed and the air we need
They're hardly ever cold or used up
Let your beat go on."

"I wish there was more than this
More to run through the viens through my fingertips
For love I'd rather be poor than rich
Rather share my one life, give me more than this."

"In the corner of this world, there are traces
Under stones yet overturned, there are faces who still see
Who are hopeful, who believe, and they say
Won't you fight for us
Won't you write for us."

It's the last one that did me in. So, he only has one album out, with four songs on it. But buy it and listen to it, and keep a lookout.

No comments: