Friday, October 12, 2007

There's Beauty in the Breakdown

I have seen some of the most beautiful things on this planet.

I have seen the Rocky mountains and the Grand Canyon at sunset. I have seen the Atlantic ocean after a storm. I have seen the arches in Arizona, and the sky over the great plains. I have seen the Adirondacks from a mountainside on a June afternoon. I have seen Rome and Florence and Nice. I have seen the Mediterranean sea from Italy, France and Spain. I have seen the Bay of Genoa from the mountains, I have seen the Vatican and the Coloseum at midnight. I have seen Florence from the roof of a belltower.

So why is home, on a sunny October afternoon, the most beautiful thing I have ever seen?

2 comments:

Aunt Mary said...

Because those which you love most are within its walls.

Melanie said...

Man, I get depressed when I can't read your blog. And then reading it give me a feeling of whole-ness. Is that unhealthy?
=] Love you Rach.
I'm gonna try calling you every night this week until I get ahold of you. I leave for Rome Friday afternoon. But of course I'll get a calling card. So I think you're in for a call while I'm there if I don't get you before then.
Alright, now that I've given you a message in a comment...haha.
LOVE!