Thursday, November 8, 2007

Lambeau Laundry

My Green Bay Packers t-shirt just came! It's white with the logo across the front, and then the sleeves are 3/4 length, with green bands like on the sleeves of jerseys. I'm in love with it- I can't wait until gameday.

I had just washed all of my whites, colors, and sheets, and my only dirty load is brand new, brightly colored sweaters. This white, vulnerable shirt needs to be clean and ready to go by Sunday, and I leave campus tomorow afternoon. So what would any laundry rule-respecting fan do? Wash the shirt. By itself.

You should have seen the looks on the faces of the two girls who were in the laundry room. I suppose it is a little strange. Taking up one of the washers between 50 girls for one shirt, and paying $1.50 for it. Especially when that shirt is representing the Packers, miles and miles away from Wisconsin. Generally I, like everyone else, pack in as many clothes as possible, with complete disregard for color, texture, and the little sign reading, "Do Not Overload." But this is a special circumstance.

Oh well. You can't expect everyone to understand the demands of fanhood.

No comments: