Saturday, January 13, 2007

Go Orange!

Well, even though my movie fell through (when I got there at 7, people were buying tickets for the 10:00) I did go to the Syracuse game today. I think nothing makes me hate high school more than the Carrier Dome. When I walked in, Em had to tell me to pick my jaw up off the floor. We sat in the nosebleed section, and it was so high up and so steep it felt like I was watching a basketball game on the side of a mountain. It was massive and loud and all orange and blue and everything I've ever dreamed of.

So for church tomorrow, I have to teach my 5 and 6 grade class about boy/girl relationships. My class consists of 8 boys and 2 girls. Usually the ciriculum is good, but I have no idea whose brainchild this one was. I'm supposed to use terminology like "opposite sex" and "gender roles." Are you kidding me? Whoever wrote this has never met a 12-year-old in their lives. My point is, I have some serious modifying to do, and it's going to be a really hard lesson. At the end we'll play a game, and I'm bringing them cheese and crackers, so I think we'll pull through alright.

New Orleans just intercepted! They're playing the Eagles. Have I mentioned how much I hate the Eagles? Someday I'll tell the story. Let's just say, sometimes I can really hold a grudge. Ok, the playoffs are calling. Goodnight!

No comments: