Monday, January 15, 2007

i just remembered my english homework...

The first day of the year that could constitute a snow day (ok, an ice day) also happens to be a national holiday. This morning I pan-fried my bagel, kept my coffee pot wrapped up in a towel to keep in heat, didn't shower, and read in the dark. Which would have been a lot of fun if the alternative was school. However, the alternative was hot coffee and morning television followed by a hot shower and an early start on my homework. In the end I decided that no school is no school, regardless of the reason. I also decided I was really glad to be a 21 century American. I'm so lucky that my biggest injustice is a snow day on a holiday. Ironic that the lights need to go out in order for me to see the big picture.

Theoretically it's going to snow all night long. Even if there is school tomorrow, it will look like winter instead of the three month long November we've been having. That would make me really, really happy. I have a late-night sledding party all lined up and ready to go.

Well, I was going to go to bed at 8:00 and start my week on 10 hours of sleep, but I just remembered my english homework. Any other class, I would let it slip just this once. But, it's English and Senioritis does not apply. There's also the fact that I don't have a deathwish. So, I'll have to start my week on 9 hours instead.

I think I'll live.

No comments: