Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I know I haven't updated since the dawn of time.; blame the AP exams. I haven't had one spare minute for three weeks. But I do think I may have college credit for every single one of my college-level classes. This means that study abroad is still an option, and I have a buffer for the 3.3 GPA that I need to get into my major sophomore year. So I won't graduate early, but I will most definately graduate on time.

Ugh. Senior year is so weird. For the fall and winter, it's dark and cold out, and you're sitting and waiting to hear from colleges. Everything feels slow and all you want to do is getting moving and get out. And then spring comes, and you choose a school, and APs start picking up, and everything just starts to go so fast. It's like you're waiting for the plane to take off and you discover that you're actually attached to a rocket. Now I'm just hanging on by my fingernails, hoping I can survive all of the changes that are suddenly very close, and very real.

There's a lot of things that I really don't want to do. Saying godbye to my friends, watching my family walk out of the dorm, spending weeks and weeks in a strange place with no one I know.

But it's still something I need to do. I know that the friendships I care about the most won't end, even though they will change a lot. I know that if I stayed home much longer it wouldn't be so pleasant for anyone anymore. And I would rather be a nameless face in a foriegn land than going back to high school for another year.

I have a month before graduation, without any classwork. It's spring and it's warm and sunny, and I plan on having fun all of the time. But it's all going so fast, and it's hard to not be thinking about the end.

No comments: