Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Horses? How novel!"

OK. So some of my classes are boring and painful, like English and Math. And some are very interesting, like Earth science (even though the professor is a die-hard global warming doomsayer) and Comparitive Religon. And then there is Intro to Political Science. It's a fascinating class in a read it and learn it yourself kind of way. The professor is insane, but that just makes it really fun.

Today, for example, she was talking about how she had one of her classes last year act out part of Plato's Republic. Turns out there is a basement in her building where the theatre stores all of the old props from previous plays. And she says,

"There is some really great stuff down there, in perfect condition, and not even that securely locked up. If you wanted a practically new, 12-person dining set for free, for example, there is a big grate in the woman's bathroom just down the hall. Now if you take a tire iron you can pull out the grate and descend into the basement, it's all right there. That's what my class did for thier costumes last year, anyways. I don't really want to do it again, so I'm just going to befriend the theatre department and then ask for the key. You know, to the door."

I almost died.

Mmm, another insight to life at Behrend. I have two essays to write and a little under 100 pages to read tonight (but 30 of them are Plato, so they should count for about five times as much.) And I've climbed 288 stairs, and it's only 2:30.

And I'm out of milk.

1 comment: