Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Week Full Of Last Things

The other day I piled every single article of clothing in possesion in a heap on my floor. This heap was as high as my waist and about six feet in circumference. I spent an hour dividing those clothes into the following piles: garbage, whites, darks, jeans, sweats, gentles, and that funny pile full of things not quite denim but too heavy to wash with the t-shirts and skirts, like capris and jackets. The two garbage bags went into the trash, and I began the laundry cycle. I got half washed and folded that day - enough to fill my dresser.

So, today I will resume laundry and get everything packed away, either into a fall or a winter tote. Then I'll have to go through my desk, throw out or store all of the old stuff and pack up everything I need. I'll have to weed out my book and journal collection - I can only bring half. Finally I'll go through everthing I have bought or received recently and pack all of that up. Lastly I'll take down everything on my walls that I want to bring, pictures, my calander, my flag, and tons of other little stuff.

I'm hoping I can get the majority of packing done today. I still need some computer stuff, all of my toiletries, and finish leftover paperwork. I also have to figure out my phone payment system and get the mail-in rebate sent in.

I also have to see Lindsay while she's home, and celebrate Stacy's birthday with a Muckdog's game. I have to go to Bill's training camp with Nate, and get my family to Coldstone Creamery, as they've never been. I should wash my car and my dog before I go, and do some research on the Penn State football team as well as Pittsburgh. I need to get to Lugia's and my favorite swingset to watch the sun set.

I'm waiting to get anxious. I'm not really, yet. I wonder if I will be...

No comments: