Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Wow, That Was Bad...

I've learned something valuable today.

Making a flag football team with people you have never met, especially a girl's team, is a massive, massive mistake. Then, when you match up that team with the women's softball team....Carnage. I can hardly talk about it.

To sum it up, after dropping a pass and botching a run, I played center and linebacker. Against a six-foot tall softball player. The first few plays were fun, since she was so suprised that I was actually trying to block her. For the rest of the game I just got ploughed; I already have a very nice bruise developing on my knee. Although I am good snapper. Who knew.

Anyways, it was humiliation. I can't even type the score. Next year, when I have a good group of friends to make a team with (I hear all of the RA's always make a team) what with practices and communication and the whole thing, it should be a blast. But as it is, we only have one other game, and I just realized that I can't make it. Since I am now an editor (still love saying that) I need to be in the office at 6:00, and the game is at 5:45. Oh well, it's not like I helped at all anyways.

My next intramural sport is swimming, which starts in November. That should be much better - at least it probably won't make me want to crawl into bed, hide under the sheets, and never come out until every member of the opposing team is either dead or out of the country. And in the spring...sailing club! I am so excited. I am going to get khaki shorts, a navy blue cableknit sweater, and red keds, and I'll french braid my hair. Just kidding. But really, even though I think I'll be making a fool of myself in the beginning, it sounds like so much fun.

Anyways, the real moral of the story is that you try and you try and you try. And sometimes you get a touchdown, and sometimes you get a big, fat interception. To continue with the annoying football analogy, Chi Alpha was a touchdown, the newspaper was a touchdown, Intervarsity was an interception, and this was an interception. And 2 for 4 is alright with me.

1 comment:

Megan said...

You'll make it just fine in the world of journalism - you've got your sports analogies down pat! Good communication theories... but anyway - yay for touchdowns!