Friday, December 21, 2007

Lazy Day

Today I didn't do anything that I didn't want to. I sat on the couch drinking coffee until 1:00. I mixed dough for cut-out cookies, but ran out of energy and motivation before I could actually bake them. The dough is still hanging out in the fridge. I watched Gilmore Girls, I read half of the second Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I made plans for Leaf n Bean tonight, and I have been looking forward to cheesecake all day.

I did not make my bed, or do laundry, or wrap Christmas presents. I did not read one single paper, or any challenging novel. I did not cash that check. And after this blog, I am going to continue to read the second Sisterhood until dinner. After that, I will go to Leaf n Bean with some very dear friends which I haven't seen in a month. And then I will decorate the Christmas tree with my family and have a lot more fun than I let on.

For once, I feel unproductive but not lazy or guilty. I didn't get anything accomplished, but I wouldn't call the day a waste. I'm really enjoying this.

No comments: