Sunday, March 4, 2007

breakfast is the most important meal of the day

So. All of the fun I did NOT have this week, I had today.

I was going to go to Cheeburger Cheeburger with Mel. It was closed. So we drove out to Bazil's, which was kind of tricky. We had to find our own way with the map, which is pretty hard considering our lack of naviagtion experiance. We left the house a little after one, and I think we finally sat down at a table just before 3. Then we had to order, and wait for food to come, and then we had to eat it. We finished lunch a bit after 4, and would have been home 4:30 no problem, but Mel never told me to get onto the 490. That's important.

We're driving along, and I ask "Are we supposed to go through Greece?"
"Oh, yeah, we're good. Don't worry about it."
Ten minutes later, she says "Uh, Rach, we're going the wrong way. Turn around and get off the Buffalo exit."
Good navigating, Mel.

We finally get into town around 5, and we decided to rent a movie. I think I enjoyed the renting process more than actually watching the movie. Good conversation with guys that weren't afraid of girls. (You think high school seniors have outgrown that. Almost, but no.) Here was some of it:

Me: I'm sooo full. I don't think I'll even eat breakfast tomorrow.
Employee 1: What? You have to eat breakfast.
Employee 2: It's the most important meal of the day.
Employee 1: And the first meal of the day. Is this all?
Me: Yeah
Employee 1: Ok, I need your number. How about both your numbers?
Me and Mel at the exact same time: 574-76482-463-9.
Mel: Catch that?
Employee 2: Hahaha!

Then I had a late fee and was all out of money (lunch was more than I planned.) Mel had to run out to the car to get more. The the car was locked, and she had to come back in get keys, and go back out to the car again. Let me tell you, what a rough 2 minutes. More talk of breakfasts, then a Mary Poppins sing-a-long. Anyways, we finally got our movie and then we watched it. It was bad, but I had never seen a Channing Tatum movie, and apparently life is not worth living without seeing a Channing Tatum movie. I won't say it was a wasted 2 hours. I laughed until I cried at one point.

Tomorrow is a Monday, and I have French-which-I-hate, and Gym-which-I-hate. I still have 50 pages of English to read and take notes on before bed. But today I got lost, ate myself to death on fantastic food, had a good flirt, and laughed until I cried. A little reminiscent of Europe. That's enough fun to get me through a week of crappy days.

No comments: